The Haitian-American Community Coalition of SW Florida is pleased to offer a three $1000 scholarship awards to graduating seniors of Haitian heritage who are enrolled at a Lee County School.
HACC ACADEMIC SCHOLARSHIP ELIGIBILITY, REQUIREMENTS, AND PROCEDURES
- Student must be of Haitian-American heritage.
- Student must be a graduating senior at a Lee County high school, who is enrolled or will be enrolled in a degree or certification program at a technical college, state college, or university by September 2019.
- Student must complete the attached application form. In addition include:
- Two letters of recommendation from a teacher, coach, administrator, or school counselor.
- Official school transcript.
- A 300-500-word personal essay in response to these questions: How will this scholarship benefit you? How will your post-secondary education contribute to your long- and short-term goals? All essays must be typed. Please double space essay using a standard 11 pt. print font.
- Mail scholarship applications by March 15, 2018 to: Haitian-American Community Coalition of SW Florida, P.O Box 62016, Fort Myers, Florida 33906.
- The scholarship recipients will be selected by the HACC Scholarship Committee.
- The names of scholarship recipients will be announced on or before April 15, 2019.
- Scholarship money will be disbursed to your school with proof of registration at an accredited institution of higher learning.
- If you have any questions, please call or e-mail HACC Scholarship Chair Betsy Vaughn at 239-561-4634 or firstname.lastname@example.org.